Antinol® Latest Studies
Sorted by recent
Filter Studies by Smart TagsBone & JointCardiovascularCatDogEAB 277™EfficacyExotic PetImmunologyNeuro & BehaviorOphthalmologyOralRabbitRenalRespiratoryRodentSafetySkinUTI
Use of PCSO-524® in Combination with Prednisolone for Treatment of Spinal Cord Injury from Disc Protrusion in Dogs
Male Shih tzu dog aged 9 years and 1 month was diagnosed with limb paralysis after jumping 4 days prior to the hospital visit.
The dog showed weak response of forelimb reflex and severe neck pain. X-ray examination showed block vertebrae at C3 and C4.
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) examination found mild disc protrusion, compression on spinal cord and myelopathy at C4 and C5 with compression on the right dorsal lamina.
Prednisolone and gabapentin were prescribed to reduce inflammation and pain, respectively.
Follow-up after reduction of prednisolone showed that the dog fell more often while walking and slight neck pain was present. Prednisolone dosage was then increased and PCSO-524® was prescribed to reduce inflammation of the spinal cord. Later examination found that the dog could walk without falling, both forelimbs showed normal reflex, and signs of neck pain disappeared. Termination of prednisolone was then started without any recurrent clinical signs.
After continuous treatment with PCSO-524® for 6 weeks, the dog could walk normally, both forelimbs showed normal reflex, and the ALK level was nearly back to the level prior to the treatment.
The 10 Case Studies from Antinol® Case Study Contest of 2016.
1st Winning Awards
1) Effects of PCSO-524® on Inflammation Control in Cats with Chronic Renal Disease after Keratectomy and Conjunctival Pedicle Graft for Treatment of Corneal Sequestrum from Indolent Ulcer
2) The Use of Cyclosporine and PCSO-524® in the Treatment of Alopecia and Dermatitis due to Sebaceous Adenitis in Rabbits
2nd Winning Awards
3) Use of PCSO-524® in Combination with Prednisolone for Treatment of Spinal Cord Injury from Disc Protrusion in Dogs
4) Effects of PCSO-524® on Treatment of Cranial Cruciate Ligament Rupture in Dogs after Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO) and Physical Rehabilitation
5) The Treatment of Medial Coronoid Disease in a Seven Months Old Labrador Retriever
3rd Winning Awards
6) A Study of Efficacy and Safety of PCSO-524® (Antinol®l in Treatment of Medial Patellar Luxation and Cranial Cruciate Ligament Rupture in a Yorkshire Terrier Dog
7) Effects of PCSO-524® (Antinol®l Supplementation during 12 Months Follow-up in 2 Cats with Cystitis and Chronic Renal Disease
8) Use of PCSO-524® (Antinol®) for Treatment of Nervous Disorder Caused by Car Accident and Hip Osteoarthritis in Geriatric Cats
9) PCSO-524® as Supportive Therapy for Generalized Alopcia in Guinea Pigs
10) Use of Acupuncture in Combination with PCS0-524® (Antinol®l for Treatment of Hindlimb Paresis in Prairie Dogs
Updated Study Topics
New researches and publications related to PCSO-524® and its result in clnical test submitted by veterinarians on the global conferences every year and the data keeps growing with more studies conducted