Antinol® Latest Studies
Sorted by recent
Filter Studies by Smart TagsBone & JointCardiovascularCatDogEfficacyExotic PetNeuro & BehaviorOphthalmologyOralRabbitRenalRespiratoryRodentSafetySkinUTI
10 Case Reports using PCSO-524® in combination with the treatment regimen for dogs and cats.
Pharmalink International Ltd. and Vetz Petz® would like to thank everyone involved in this 2017 Antinol® Case Study Contest competition and pay homage to our Professors and Veterinarians who have assisted in the judging of the competition.
This 2017 contest was very special with the inclusion of Professor Duncan Lascelles and the wonderful innovation of the live poll that the audience took part in to choose the Vets choice and favorite presentation.
Five dogs with bilateral patellar luxation were presented at the Small Animal Hospital of Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Chulalongkorn University.
Four dogs had grade 2, 3, and 4 medial patellar luxation in 3, 3, and 2 stifle joints, respectively. One dog had grade 3 bilateral lateral patellar luxation that had recurrent patellar luxation of left stifle joint for 6 months after previous surgery. All dogs had surgical treatment to re-align and stabilize extensor mechanism in the normal position.
The dogs received anti-inflammatory drug and PCSO-524® in combination with rehabilitation to restore normal limb function and muscle mass postoperatively. All dogs achieved good outcomes when compared with pre-operation. Range of motion was normal in all dogs and the patellae were in the normal position.
However, one stifle with previous reluxation and severe osteoarthritis had slightly crepitation when flexed and extended the stifle joint. Patellar luxation causes abnormal wear of the patella and trochlear ridges leading to lameness, muscle pain, and osteoarthritis.
The treatment focuses on stabilization of the stifle joint and restore limb function. Surgical treatment is recommended in most cases. Rehabilitation provides strengthen muscle, improves normal joint function, enhanceslimb function, and prevents complications.
Despite successful treatment for correcting patellar luxation, osteoarthritis remains occurrence in most cases.
Therefore, use of anti-inflammatory supplement such as PCSO-524® is important for long-term management with less side effect and safety for long-term use when compared with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Effects of PCSO-524® on Treatment of Cranial Cruciate Ligament Rupture in Dogs after Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO) and Physical Rehabilitation
Male Labrador Retriever dog aged 3 years was suffering from left hind limb pain.
Hematological parameters were normal. Radiographic image showed swollen left stifle joint and mild osteoarthritis. Cranial cruciate ligament rupture was diagnosed.
Firocoxib 5 mg/kg sid for 2 weeks and 2 capsules of ANTINOL ® bid for 1 month were prescribed.
Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO) was operated on the dog. Post operation care included Firocoxib 5 mg/kg sid for 2 weeks and 2 capsules of ANTINOL ® bid in combination with physical rehabilitation using laser stimulation and later exercise therapy was added. Clinical signs were improved as indicated by lameness score, muscle mass and range of motion.
Five months after the operation, the dog expressed signs of right hind limb pain and radiographic image showed swollen right stifle joint and mild osteoarthritis of left stifle joint. Partial tear of cranial cruciate ligament was diagnosed. The dog was treated for thrombocytopenia until recovered before Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO) was operated on the right knee 3 months later. Radiographic examination post operation showed increased inflammation of both stifle joints.
Surgical treatment was used in combination with medication which included NSAIDs during the first 2 weeks post operation, ANTINOL®, and physical rehabilitation in order to reduce pain and inflammation. The treatment gave satisfactory results. The dog was able to use its legs without lameness, muscle was stronger, stifle angle was better and general health was improved.
The 10 Case Studies from Antinol® Case Study Contest of 2016.
1st Winning Awards
1) Effects of PCSO-524® on Inflammation Control in Cats with Chronic Renal Disease after Keratectomy and Conjunctival Pedicle Graft for Treatment of Corneal Sequestrum from Indolent Ulcer
2) The Use of Cyclosporine and PCSO-524® in the Treatment of Alopecia and Dermatitis due to Sebaceous Adenitis in Rabbits
2nd Winning Awards
3) Use of PCSO-524® in Combination with Prednisolone for Treatment of Spinal Cord Injury from Disc Protrusion in Dogs
4) Effects of PCSO-524® on Treatment of Cranial Cruciate Ligament Rupture in Dogs after Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO) and Physical Rehabilitation
5) The Treatment of Medial Coronoid Disease in a Seven Months Old Labrador Retriever
3rd Winning Awards
6) A Study of Efficacy and Safety of PCSO-524® (Antinol®l in Treatment of Medial Patellar Luxation and Cranial Cruciate Ligament Rupture in a Yorkshire Terrier Dog
7) Effects of PCSO-524® (Antinol®l Supplementation during 12 Months Follow-up in 2 Cats with Cystitis and Chronic Renal Disease
8) Use of PCSO-524® (Antinol®) for Treatment of Nervous Disorder Caused by Car Accident and Hip Osteoarthritis in Geriatric Cats
9) PCSO-524® as Supportive Therapy for Generalized Alopcia in Guinea Pigs
10) Use of Acupuncture in Combination with PCS0-524® (Antinol®l for Treatment of Hindlimb Paresis in Prairie Dogs
Updated Study Topics
New researches and publications related to PCSO-524® and its result in clnical test submitted by veterinarians on the global conferences every year and the data keeps growing with more studies conducted