Antinol® Latest Studies
Sorted by recent
Filter Studies by Smart TagsBone & JointCardiovascularCatDogEfficacyExotic PetNeuro & BehaviorOphthalmologyOralRabbitRenalRespiratoryRodentSafetySkinUTI
Use of Acupuncture in Combination with PCSO-524® (Antinol®) for Treatment of Hindlimb Paresis in Prairie Dogs
A prairie dog was admitted to the hospital due to falling from a height accident.
During 2 weeks of admission, the animal was treated with steroid and vitamin B, however, no response was observed.
Alternative medicine; acupuncture, was then applied in combination with PCSO-524® (Antinol®) to enhance the effects of acupuncture on pain relief and repairing the damaged neurons.
Excellent recovery was observed after 1 month of the treatment.
The animal could stand in normal position, express other normal gestures, and the reflex was nearly fully recovered.
Skin diseases are common in guinea pigs. Most frequently identified cause is improper management, for example, high humidity, unhygienic environment, nutrient deficiency, and high density, which may result in skin irritation leading to complications and alopecia. Hair growth mechanism in guinea pigs is affected by several factors such as photoperiod, environmental temperature, nutrition, physical health, stress, genetics, and some other internal factors.
The aim of using PCSO-524® for supportive therapy of general alopecia is to reduce the skin irritation and to improve the skin and hair condition.
Previous pilot studies showed that the treatment is effective for hair growth and improvement of hair condition in various exotic pets. Therefore the objective of this study is to study the efficacy of PCSO-524® for treatment of general alopecia and skin irritation due to scabies mite infestation and fungal infection in guinea pigs.
The ultimate goal is to find alternative treatment to other anti-inflammatory medications and to reduce the quantity and frequency of medication use in guinea pigs, the species that is known to be difficult for medication administration.
The Use of Cyclosporine and PCSO-524® in the Treatment of Alopecia and Dermatitis due to Sebaceous Adenitis in Rabbits
Female Holland Lop rabbit aged 9 years and 6 months was taken to the hospital for treatment of dermatitis.
Clinical signs included alopecia with unknown cause, dry and course hair, scaling, dry and cracked skin.
The laboratory examination consisted of superficial skin scraping, cellophane tape technique and dermatophyte test kit examination.
External parasites, yeast, and fungi were not found. However, skin biopsy identified hyperkeratosis, follicular dystrophy, and decreased number of sebaceous gland.
After sebaceous adenitis was diagnosed, the rabbit was treated with 5mg/kg cyclosporine sid and 1 capsule of PCS0-524® sid for more than 6 months in order to reduce the skin inflammation and hairrestoration.
No adverse effects were found and the hair loss was replaced by new hair growth, softer hair and less scaling was observed.
The 10 Case Studies from Antinol® Case Study Contest of 2016.
1st Winning Awards
1) Effects of PCSO-524® on Inflammation Control in Cats with Chronic Renal Disease after Keratectomy and Conjunctival Pedicle Graft for Treatment of Corneal Sequestrum from Indolent Ulcer
2) The Use of Cyclosporine and PCSO-524® in the Treatment of Alopecia and Dermatitis due to Sebaceous Adenitis in Rabbits
2nd Winning Awards
3) Use of PCSO-524® in Combination with Prednisolone for Treatment of Spinal Cord Injury from Disc Protrusion in Dogs
4) Effects of PCSO-524® on Treatment of Cranial Cruciate Ligament Rupture in Dogs after Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO) and Physical Rehabilitation
5) The Treatment of Medial Coronoid Disease in a Seven Months Old Labrador Retriever
3rd Winning Awards
6) A Study of Efficacy and Safety of PCSO-524® (Antinol®l in Treatment of Medial Patellar Luxation and Cranial Cruciate Ligament Rupture in a Yorkshire Terrier Dog
7) Effects of PCSO-524® (Antinol®l Supplementation during 12 Months Follow-up in 2 Cats with Cystitis and Chronic Renal Disease
8) Use of PCSO-524® (Antinol®) for Treatment of Nervous Disorder Caused by Car Accident and Hip Osteoarthritis in Geriatric Cats
9) PCSO-524® as Supportive Therapy for Generalized Alopcia in Guinea Pigs
10) Use of Acupuncture in Combination with PCS0-524® (Antinol®l for Treatment of Hindlimb Paresis in Prairie Dogs
Updated Study Topics
New researches and publications related to PCSO-524® and its result in clnical test submitted by veterinarians on the global conferences every year and the data keeps growing with more studies conducted